Dan ended up being the home team and set up his Crystallans in a very aggressive formation. He had Jacks and Guards lining the front of his side of the Pitch.
|Dan's initial setup.|
|My initial setup.|
The Pitch looked like this at the start of the game:
|Red - Crystallan Guard, Orange - Crystallan Jack, Dark Blue - Ada-Loana Guard, Light Blue - Ada-Lorana Jack, Green - Ada-Lorana Striker|
The first Rush saw Dan's Crystallans work in cooperation to Slam my Jack in the 1-2 point Strike Zone. But the elusive form of the Ada-Lorana Jack proved to be too difficult for the Crystallan Guard, even with a Crystallan Jack Threatening the Ada-Lorana.
|"Why won't this guy die?!?!" - Crystallan Guard|
Then one of Dan's Crystallan Jacks grabbed the ball and the first Rush ended. He moved the Ref down toward the action.
On my Rush, I concentrated entirely on scoring. I stole the ball. And tried to throw it in for a 3 point Strike ... and I did... and thus ended the second Rush.
I stole the ball. Then, I believe this was the Rush that I used a Showboat Card doing an Evade in the 3 point Strike Zone and caused the Ball Shatters event - hooray! So, no scoring for me this Rush...
Next Rush, Dan's guys attacked mine. That was the pattern usually. And my guys took it fine.
Then this was the Rush I missed the goal and the ball scattered... :-( But it scattered right in front of the Striker that had jetted out of the cluster above.
Ok, so... here's the very short version of the rest of the game. Crystallans try to Slam Ada-Lorana and just can't do it. Ada-Lorana score and win.
|Final state of the Pitch.|
What Did We Learn:
- The Crystallans NEED to play the defensive game. Even better if you can start second, maybe the best team to be the Visiting team as.
- You have to think not one, not two, but three or four steps ahead when playing as the Crystallans.
- The Ada-Lorana are really fun to play.
- The -1 to the opposing player's Slam, coupled with their 3+ Speed make taking a Ghost out nigh impossible.
- The Movement of 5 and only having 6 players keeps the Ada-Lorana from being too overpowered.
- The Gruba-tek VII Coliseum Pitch is awesome!