What I did:
- I used Vallejo Matt Vanish to lay down a simple coat to paint on.
- I used Army Painter Blue Tone to tint the model and darken the crevices blue.
- I dry-brushed a mixture of Citadel Foundation Mordian Blue and Army Painter Matt White - heavy on the White.
- I painted the metal areas with some Greycoat Grey topped with Citadel Chainmail.
- On the metal areas, I then used some Army Painter Strong Tone to give it a little depth.
- Then, I went over the metal with some Vallejo Matt Vanish.
- I did some red coloring on the metal with P3 Khador Red Base.
- Finally, I went over the crystal portion of them with Gloss Vanish to give them a crystal-like shine.
I was pretty happy with the results!