Tuesday, November 10, 2015

COACH'S CORNER: Conventional Wisdom - MACE!

So, for those of you who do not know, I live in in the USA in the state of North Carolina. We don't get a whole lot of conventions coming through my area. There is one that I have attended before, it is in the city of Charlotte, that is just down the road from me. It is called MACE. And it is this Friday - Sunday. My lovely wife surprised me with a weekend pass!

I have a few events on my convention calendar, as far as what I signed up for - Murder of Crows, a four hour RPG session with three quick RPGs called Micro-RPG Grab Bag, Dark Moon, and Mars Attacks: Ten-Minute Takedown. But, there are zero Mantic games being offered in the official schedule - sad face.

So, a friend and I are going to take in two board, and a few teams and just start playing. Most of the people who attend MACE are local, or regional. I would love to spark some more interest in area. We are both huge Dreadball fans and have introduced a number of people to the game already (though many have migrated to other gaming stores in the area, and therefore into other metas).


I definitely want to have the base teams there. I have a fully painted base set, my friend painted the 29ers and I painted the Marauders. I also have enough painted space elves to sub in as humans (thanks to the packaging error common to the Asterians, I have an extra Guard, therefore enough to pretend to be the human team). I am not sure what other team to take. I would like to take one that is similar to the humans or another Season 1 team, but I don't have any more Season 1 teams painted. I would welcome any ideas.

Below are my painted teams...



Perhaps I should look into becoming the voice of Mantic in my area, Pathfinder Pope if you will....

No comments:

Post a Comment